Karaoke Kwik Tips!
JANUARY 4, 1999:
- Don't try to get your song bumped up in rotation. This creates resentment.
- Duets and even well-choreographed trios are OK, but don't sing in big groups.
Groups are stupid and annoying.
- You don't need a good voice or stage presence to get love from your audience,
but a lot of the former goes a long way in making up for a lack of the latter.
- If you can't keep up with the song, don't explain that to the audience. Just
- Being drunk is nice, but there's something special about doing it stone-cold
- You are not a prisoner to the words on the screen. Freestyle!
- Be creative! Turn the song into something God never intended. Sing "I Think
I Love You" like you're Johnny Rotten, or Mister Mister's "Broken Wings"
like you're an opera singer.
- Wait your turn. Don't rush the stage and grab the other mike for an uninvited
- Dancing in an unobtrusive manner, however, is complimentary to the performer,
- Be gracious; tip your KJ.
News & Opinion: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Cover . News . Film . Music . Arts . Books . Comics . Search